Monkeybliss

Never before have I been as grateful for the opportunity to learn as now, when the sea has opened up before me & I do indeed know how to swim! A collection of some of the bits of Chinese medicine, philosophy and biomedicine that I am immersed within. This is meant to be an easy way to share without being intrusive. Please be gentle, as it is in my spirit to share the joy & healing found in this medicine & study.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Night Blooming Cirus


This is one of the lovliest flowers, caught blooming in the middle of night, the deepest Yin time, soaking it all in. My mother used to have us all trudge out in pj's to look at it... I think she transplanted it form her childhood home at the lake... and now it climbs at least 65 feet up a sweetgum tree in our backyard in Brooksville, FL. She said it had dozens of blossoms last time...
night blooming cirus

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, did you capture this gift of nature? How absolutely gorgeous!

4:39 PM  
Blogger dixie said...

My mom took this picture. its a night blooming cirus, grows on a vine that climbs up a tree in her backyard about 50 feet or so and has dozens of blooms. She tranplanted it from her grandmother's I beleive. It is also a medicinal herb, not sure what uses but treats the heart and spirit. The vine looks like a cactus... you woulod never know during the day...

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home